Monday, June 30, 2008

Banana Bars

This recipe is really good - it's like banana brownies or a thick banana cake. And it's a great way to use up ripe bananas instead of banana bread.

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 1/2 cup sugar
2-3 ripe bananas (I used three - it makes it more banana-ey)
2 eggs
2/3 cup milk then fill to the 3/4 cup mark with vinegar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups flour
1 tsp vanilla
Chocolate Chips

Cream butter and sugar together. Mix in the other wet ingredients. Mix in the dry ingredients. Sprinkle with chocolate chips after putting the batter in a greased 9X13 pan (you decide how much chocolate you want). Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until light brown on top. **The recipe I have suggests frosting with cream cheese frosting, but I didn't do this because I thought it would be too rich and I like it without the frosting. But to each her own, right?? Frost away if you so desire!!!

6 comments:

Stina said...

I'm making this for dessert tonight. And, I'm so adding cream cheese frosting!! Plus, I have one more girl to visit teach and it's the 30th. Sounds like a drop-off visit to me!

Carissa Poyfair said...

So does it turn out like a cookie or cake type deal? I think it sounds good. Banana bread, as delicious as it is, is getting tired around here. Thanks!

Kristi Adams said...

This just sounds like something I would really really like. Maybe I will make it next Sunday to take to the in-laws so I don't just sit there and eat the whole pan full!

Stina said...

I made these yesterday--with frosting and all. And Brent liked it!!! It's a keeper. Thanks!

Celeste Pearson said...

Carissa - it's definitely more cake like, but dense like brownies.

Denise said...

Yum, can't wait to try this!