Sunday, June 15, 2008

Toffee Apple Dip

I had this at a party last week and fell in love with this. I made it tonight for a BBQ and doubled the recipe so I had some at home to eat too. It's a great way to get rid of your apples since you will want to eat a ton with this dip, which isn't so healthy but yummy anyway.

Toffee Apple Dip

1- 8oz brick cream cheese, softened (you can use the light version)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup Heath bits (found near chocolate chips)
Apple slices (Granny Smith are the best)

With an electric mixer, mix everything together and chill for a little while so the mixture gets thick and cold. Serve with apple slices. Yum!

6 comments:

Kelli said...

This sounds so good, all the ingredients are up there on my list of great things to eat...except we aren't invited to parties like you are, I'll have to really come up with a reason to make it. Or you can make it for me in July =)

Kristi Adams said...

I love fruit in the summer! This dip sounds really yummy and I actually have toffee bits!

Stina said...

I know! I'm jealous about all the parties Carissa gets to go to! I'm definitely giving this a try. Even if I make it for myself and gorge myself while watching...something.

Celeste Pearson said...

I totally made this dip without toffee bits (I didn't have any and I can't find them in my store - I use broken up Heath Bars). And it is still way good. You don't have to go to a party to make it - I served it with dinner and it saves in your fridge so you can eat it all week! Kelli - you have a recipe really similar to this that I made before!

Luellens said...

This was so GOOD!!! I look here every couple of days to see what you ladies have come up with. Thanks for the yummy recipes!
Christie

Stina said...

I made this again today. I love that I have things around the house that I can make for a quick treat. We went to my mom's house and I brought this. We couldn't stop eating it. Even after we were full, we had to sneak pieces of toffee bits out of it. Thanks again for the classic recipe!