Monday, June 9, 2008

Do you dare!?

I know most of you are going to throw up just reading about this smoothie but I tried it tonight and I LIKED it! I'd totally make it again and it's a very easy way to get all your veggies and fruits in for the day... IN ONE SMOOTHIE!

1 cup water
2 cups spinach
1 kale leaf
1 Tbsp. flaxseeds

1 banana
1/4 cup blueberries


Blend the first four ingredients in your blender till blended and then add the last two ingredients and blend again till smooth. Then I crushed some ice cubes in it.

You can try other fruit, like mangos, strawberries... if you use peaches make sure you peel them first. Play around.

It's has 238 calories in it... the flaxseeds will give you some protein and your omega 3s. I got them at my local health food store. I won't be offended if you don't try this, but I thought I'd share anyhow! XOXO

4 comments:

Celeste Pearson said...

My mom has been trying to get me to get flaxseed forever. I'll try it Destiny - but you are ultimately responsible for my health if it's yucky!! But it sounds like a great breakfast smoothie! And anything to sneak veggies to my kids!

Carissa Poyfair said...

I'm excited about sneaking veggies to my husband! I've heard of people using flaxseed in recipes, like sprinkling it under the cheese on pizzas or in spaghetti, etc. I'm not even sure what kale is, but this sounds healthy and yummy for breakfast. I love bananas and blueberries together!

Stina said...

What is kale? And what is flaxseed? I'm all about smoothies and if it tastes good and is great for me...I'm way up for it! Thanks for keeping us healthy Destiny!

Kristi Adams said...

The first ingredients are scary but the bananas and blueberries might make it tasty. I think I'd like to try it!