Sunday, June 22, 2008

Oriental Chicken Salad


Stina, this one is for you since you so nicely requested the recipe!

Mom’s Chinese Chicken Salad

1 head cabbage, finely chopped (I've seen it shredded too)
4 chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed (I also flavor my chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper)
1 package ramen noodles, chicken flavor
1/3 cup slivered almonds
2 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp rice vinegar
1/2 cup cooking oil
1 tsp salt

Mix cabbage and chicken in large bowl. Set aside.

Toast broken ramen noodles and almonds on the stove on medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Add to cabbage.

For the dressing, mix in ramen noodle seasoning packet, sugar, vinegar, oil, and salt. Pour over cabbage and toss to coat. Serve cold.

4 comments:

Stina said...

yeah! I love this salad and have been needing the recipe. All I can say is--finally! :) And, is this on the frat boy diet? Cause if it's not--I'm not eating it! :)

Celeste Pearson said...

FYI - I always keep the ramen noodles and almonds separate after I toast them. Then you can add as much or as little as you want to your salad and we keep the leftover noodles/almonds in a baggie for later salads (it's a great salad topper for any salad). If you add them to the salad they will be soggy the next day.

Kelli said...

I made this last night, Jeremiah never had it before and loved it. I seasoned my chicken with salt and montreal chicken seasoning, I think as long as you season it it's okay, otherwise the chicken is really bland. Even my kids ate it...my kids ate cabbage!

Denise said...

I have always wanted to try this salad. Everyone I know loves it!