Monday, June 30, 2008

Freezer meal- Chicken Pasta Casserole

This is really good and makes a great freezer meal or anytime meal. I think I made this for Christina when she had Kade. It makes alot. I usually half it for my family.


2 c. Chicken, cooked and shreaded
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 c. sour cream
1/2 stick of butter, melted
1 small can of mushrooms (if desired)
13 oz. cooked spaghetti noodles (I like the thin ones)
Shreaded parmasian cheese
Paprika
Combine first 6 ingredients. Pour over spaghetti noodles in a 9x13 pan. Mix to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Bake at 375 for 30 min.
*If you are making this as a freezer meal, put everthing in the pan, cover and freeze. Bake at 325 for 1 hour.

4 comments:

Stina said...

I love this dinner! I was eating it the other night and thinking that this is a great way to get rid of your leftover spaghetti noodles. (I always always make too many--now I'll do it on purpose!)And, it's a great freezer meal. I was also wondering if there is a way to add cream cheese to it too.

Celeste Pearson said...

Okay, so I'm totally not pregnant but I love that we are doing freezer meals because there are days when I have loads of time to cook, and days I have none. And this sounds delicious and sounds like something my kids would eat. You could probably add cream cheese with the cream soups to make it creamier, just make sure it melts in first. Everything is better with cream cheese!

Carissa Poyfair said...

I am totally in the market now for a chest freezer! We have such a smaller apartment fridge/freezer that I would never have room for all these freezer meals. This one sounds so good! What is it about pasta and chicken that just melts my heart?!

Kristi Adams said...

Maybe you could add cream cheese instead of sour cream. Or do sour cream and cream cheese and only one can of soup. I don't think you could mess this recipe up!