Friday, June 27, 2008

Another freezer meal

I am a planner (one of the "genes" my father passed on to me) and I am already planning on what I'm going to do when I have the baby at Christmas-time. Anyway, another thing about me- I love kraftfoods.com and I get way too excited when their "food & family" magazine comes once a quarter. I seriously mark at lieast 10-15 recipes in each issue! One of our fave recipes from there is Simply Lasagna. It makes a whole 13x9 pan, and you don't boil the noodles first. You add a cup of water to the sauce to help cook the noodles when it bakes. And the best part is you can freeze the entire lasagna before you cook it! You just assemble it per the directions, pop it in the freezer, and when you want to cook it, put it in the refrigerator that morning to thaw it out (or the night before is better if you remember) and just bake it like it says.

Click here for the recipe: Simply Lasagna

A little note: I ALWAYS read the comments before I make anything from a website. You don't have to use fresh parsley although I do. You also DO NOT add a whole jar of water like some idiots did. You add the ONE CUP of water to the jar, shake it up to get the excess sauce out, and add the water and extra sauce to the sauce in the pan (not saying you all are idiots, but the directions do kind of make it sound like you add a whole jar of water)

Enjoy! And be prepared!

4 comments:

Stina said...

What a great recipe. Not cooking the noodles will definitely take time off of the tediousness of making lasagna.

And, I have to tell you my great idea--based on what you were saying about having your next baby. This is it:

Utah has notorious for throwing a shower with each baby. I remember being invited to one and thinking--isn't this her third child? And we all, want to celebrate babies--my solution is a freezer meal baby shower. I threw one for my aunt with her 6th. It was a rough time for her--her dad was dying and her mom sick.

But, it makes sense for any baby after #1 that you have. People can party and bring a meal. Kristi threw me one when I had Kade. I LOVED IT!!

Kelli said...

What a great idea! With so many of us pregnant on this blog (or one day will be!) having some freezer meal ideas would be nice. So as you find some or know of some, post them, I'd like to have several made prior to my baby!

Denise said...

Love the idea of planning ahead. I might need to half the lasagna so I can eat some and freeze some for a different meal. I will start looking for freezer meals.

I love to get Papa Murphy’s take and bake pizza when they are $4.99 (tax day, v-day...) They freeze so well.

Celeste Pearson said...

So you put the sauce and the cup of water in and the freeze it?