Monday, June 2, 2008

Homemade Oreo Cookies


Sigh. What's a girl to do? I have so many recipes I can't remember to post them all. I guess I just wait until someone begs for it (thanks Celeste). Here you go--the greatest cookies on earth!!! These are homemade oreos and since they are made from a cake mix, they are so soft and delicious. I LOVE THEM!! Give 'em a go!

1 box devil’s food cake mix
½ cup oil
2 eggs


Icing--(of course you could do other frosting besides cream cheese)

8 oz cream cheese
½ cup butter
4 ½ cups powdered sugar

Mix cake mix, oil and eggs together. Roll into small balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 9 minutes at 350. Icing: Mix well and spread icing between two cookies.

4 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

I've had these before and they are sooo good. You can substitute store bought frosting for the center and change up the frosting flavor, but I LOVE the homemade frosting in these the best. Thanks for posting so I can make these for my kids (Adam included)!

Celeste Pearson said...

Yeah!! I have been wanting these ever since I got addicted to Oreo Cakesters (I have some hidden in my car!). I am so excited to make these!!!

Denise said...

Yum, Theese are so good! I have not had them in so long!

Kelli said...

So are these like Cakesters? Jeremiah and the kids love those.