Saturday, July 5, 2008

Southwestern Corn on the cob

This is corn on the cob with a twist! This sounds kinda weird but it is really good! Trust me and try it for your next BBQ!

1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
4 ears corn, husks and silk removed, cut in half
1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
coarse salt and ground pepper
2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon chili powder, preferably chipotle (I double that and it is still not too spicy!)


Directions
1. Heat grill to high. Place cheese on a plate or in a shallow bowl; set aside.
2. Brush corn with butter, and season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning every 2 to 3 minutes, until tender and slightly charred, 10 to 12 minutes; let cool 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Brush corn with mayonnaise, and roll in cheese to coat. Sprinkle with chili powder.

I place the mayo in a bowl and mix in the chili powder. Then I brush that onto the corn and roll in the parm. cheese. I also just boil my corn and don't use the butter or salt and pepper. I am sure the real way tastes better, but the lazy way taste good too!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

I don't know if I will ever personally ever try this, I'm not a spicy foods fan, but Jeremiah swears by this recipe. He ate it all the time on his mission in L.A. and says it is the best corn he's ever had.

Carissa Poyfair said...

Jack, my 22 month old, will only eat corn on the cob if it is on his plate and ignore the rest. We'll have to try this, maybe tweak it a little so it isn't spicy. I'll definitely want it the way it's written though. Mayo on corn on the cob... something I have to try!

Stina said...

Well this will add a kick to our summer. I have some sitting in my fridge right now! I will give this a go! Yum!