Thursday, July 17, 2008

Shrimp & Rice

I had this leftover link-sausage and was trying to find something to make with it--when Rachael Ray answered the call. :) She made a Spanish Shrimp and Chorizo with Sweet Pea Couscous. I didn't like all the spice she put in hers, and I didn't have couscous--so I made my own. It turned out delicious! Brent even ate it. (And, I know that whenever I make something--if Brent likes it--I consider it good. Even though he's picky and not the best judge...)

Shrimp Marinade
1 tsp paprika
4 cloves garlic, chopped or grated
1 tsp parsley
2 TBSP EVOO
Salt
Freshly ground pepper
24 jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined

Combine and set aside.

Rice
1 1/2 cups rice
3 cups chicken broth
Any spices you want--I put in some thyme (I think)

Bring to a boil. Set to low heat. Cover and cook for 25 minutes.


While the rice is cooking. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 1 turn of the pan of EVOO. Add the sausage and cook, stirring every now and then for about 2 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook another 4-5 minutes, until the shrimp are cooked through. Add 1/2 cup chicken stock to the skillet, cook about 30 seconds then remove from heat.

To serve: Place a serving of rice on a plate. Top with shrimp & sausage and some of the sauce. Serve with steamed veggies. ENJOY!

2 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

I'm excited for this recipe. Adam loves shrimp and I don't, but I love sausage. Way to make it your own recipe!

Celeste Pearson said...

I LOVE couscous. I will make it for you when you come (in like a week!!). And this does sound yummy. Like Carissa - I can eat the sausage and Bry can eat the shrimp!