Monday, July 14, 2008

Fiesta Chicken Enchiladas

This recipe was in my Kraft Food magazine, and since Bryan and I love Mexican food I thought I'd try it. It is so good. The cream cheese makes it creamy without being runny and the flavors are really good. The cilantro in it is yummy too (unless you are Kelli), and it's pretty cheap at the store. It's a nice change from the chicken enchiladas everyone makes with the cream of chicken soup! Also, if your Costco carries the "bake-yourself" tortillas I highly recommend them!


1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced (I did two)
4 cooked small chicken breasts (about 1 lb.), shredded (I cooked mine in chili powder and garlic powder)
1 cup salsa (whatever your favorite is), divided (I used more than a cup)
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) Cream Cheese, cubed
1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro (I used about 2T)
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar & Monterey Jack Cheese, divided (again, I used more)
8 Flour Tortillas

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Heat large skillet spayed with cooking spray on medium heat. Add onions and garlic; cook and stir 2 min. Add chicken, 1/4 cup of the salsa, cream cheese, cilantro and cumin; mix well. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Add 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese; mix well.

SPOON about 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture onto each tortilla; roll up. Place, seam-side down, in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining 3/4 cup salsa and remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.

BAKE 15 to 20 min. or until heated through.

4 comments:

Stina said...

Way to spice up our everyday meals. I'm very excited to try this. I have tons of cream cheese I bought on sale (and though I'd make a cheesecake but have been way too lazy!!!).

Carissa Poyfair said...

See? I love Kraft recipes! Anyway, these look yummy, minus the cilantro, and who doesn't love cream cheese?! Thanks!

Kelli said...

See, even Carissa doesn't care for cilantro, and to make me even cooler, Ina Garten doesn't like cilantro, an she's one of the coolest chefs! I love Kraft recipes, they're always way delicious without calling for a ton of things. This will be a cooler weather recipes (wait, what's cooler weather?!)

Denise said...

Yum, sounds good. Sorry, I love cilantro. I will however make half of them w/o the chicken.