Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Best Cooking Stories

Some of my greatest embarrassing moments involve cooking. So, I thought it would be funny if we shared some of them, or if you don't fess up (Carissa) I'll share them for you!

My best one is when I made cookies and used powdered sugar instead of flour. (Really, who keeps that much powdered sugar in a college apartment?) It was one big, melted, gooey concoction. No wonder Steve never asked me out. He saw that and passed judgment on my homemaking skills. :)

But I also added uncooked rice to a recipe that called for cooked rice. Why did I even try to save it?

So, fess up and let the good times roll!

4 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

HA! I remember that cookie episode, and you're right- why did we have so much powdered sugar anyway? How weird of us. I'd never heard the rice one though. How did you try to save that one?

Kelli said...

I totally remember that episode, I still tell people about it today when they talk about mistaking one thing for another =)

Stina said...

I tried to save the rice by adding water and letting it bake longer and longer. That should have been a night to toss the meal and order pizza. And, I think the powdered sugar had been in our apartment a long time. It didn't belong to any of us!

Celeste Pearson said...

Hey Steve wasn't that good looking anyway and cookies with that much sugar probably tasted like heaven. Did you try them? Maybe we should always make cookies like that!