Thursday, January 3, 2008

This is the only one... I think

Well, Stina, I hope this is the story you want me to fess up on, although I'm sure you can think of more. I've probably forgotten some on purpose! Really, I'm overly airheaded and not the perfect cook, and there are plenty of times I've over or undercooked things, like the time I was trying to make hamburgers and I made them so thick that we ended up having to microwave them in order to cook them all the way, but nothing embarassing until this...

I was making banana bread one day, and used a metal soup spoon to pour the batter into the loaf pans. As I was cleaning up while they were baking, I wondered where my spoon went but figured I must have already washed it with the rest of the stuff (we didn't have a dishwasher back then, so we washed and dried and put away things quickly).

Needless to say, when I pulled my banana bread out, I tipped them upside down to get them out of the pans, and found this:
At least I found my spoon, right?

5 comments:

Kelli said...

I'm sure there are countless more, but this one is hilarious!!! I love telling people this story.

Destiny Rayburn said...

this is so funny! way better than my steak story. thanks for the laugh!!!

Stina said...

I'm so excited about this post! And, I'm so glad you took a picture!!! I think you win the prize. What can top this story??

Denise said...

I agree with Stina, you win!!! I once put 1T. baking powder in my cookies instead of 1t. The funny part about that were the faces of those eating the cookies! Oops!

I LOVE that you took a picture, so funny!

Celeste Pearson said...

Oh Denise I wish you had taken a picture of the people's faces! THAT would have been so funny. And Carissa - I love that you took a picture of your spoon. Do you really want hard evidence of how airheaded you are!!! Haha. Now whenever I need a laugh I will either look at this post or Olivia's roller coaster pics!