Thursday, January 24, 2008

Pulled BBQ Pork

This is a fav of mine and Christina requested the recipe. It's so simple it's embarrassing but it works great if you're feeding a large crowd!


1 boneless pork roast (I've only used the ones from Costco that come in the 3 pack)
1 c. bbq sauce
1/3 c. brown sugar
2 tbls. worchestershire sauce

Put pork roast in crock pot and cook on low 6-8 hrs. or on high 4 hours. When you have about an hour of cooking time left, add the bbq sauce, brown sugar and worchestershire sauce and cook the remaining time. Shread using two forks and serve as the main dish or on rolls as sandwiches.

When cooking for a large crowd (like after baby blessings) I double, triple or quadruple this recipe and serve with rolls. It goes really far!

7 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

How big of a boneless pork roast do you use? I don't get my meat at Costco...

Stina said...

I'm glad you posted this recipe! All I know how to do with this is throw it in with BBQ sauce. And I found a few pork roasts in the freezer--which I'm not a huge fan of made as roasts. So, I'm excited to make this yummy dinner! Thanks!

Kristi Adams said...

I checked the roasts to see how big they were before I posted the first time and they didn't say but they are about the size of my scriptures, the regular size triple combonation. That's the only thing I can think of that is about the same size!

Carissa Poyfair said...

That is a funny comaprison. Can you see me at the store with my triple trying to find a roast that size? Hehe. I'm totally doing that. Thanks! I'm way excited for this recipe. I haven't found an awesome BBQ place here in Ohio (except Texas Roadhouse but it's kinda far)

Kelli said...

Stina I'm not a huge fan of pork roast, but I have one in my freezer too (weird huh?!) so I'm totally using it with this. My question is, when you cook the roast in the crock pot in the beginning, do you add water or anything to it, or just the roast alone?

Celeste Pearson said...

I got pork roasts that were about 3 pounds or so and they were about as big as scriptures. And I would definitely add water to the roast or some sort of broth. Cooking it alone could dry it out! Just drain the water out before add the other stuff at the end. I would add enough water to almost cover the roast. This recipe sounds really great!!!

Kristi Adams said...

I was going to guess about 3 pounds for the roast. And I don't ever add water. By the time the roast is done cooking in the crock pot, it is almost covered in liquid just from the roast alone without adding anything. I even have to dump some of it out because there is too much and it drowns out the bbq flavor. But if you're nervous, go ahead and add water. It couldn't hurt!