Thursday, January 24, 2008

Krispy Icecream

This was one of my favorite desserts that my mom would make when I was a kid. I rediscovered it the other day for FHE and it's still just as good as I remember! It definitely doesn't fit in with the healthy theme, though!

KRISPY ICECREAM


1/2 gallon vanilla icecream softened

Krispy mix:

1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. margarine
2 c. rice krispies
1 c. coconut
3/4 c. chopped nuts, pecans, walnuts or almonds (optional)


Melt together margarine and brown sugar in large sauce pan over medium heat. Remove from heat and add rice krispies, coconut and nuts. Press half of the mixture in a 9x13 pan. Slice icecream and lay over mixture in the pan. Press remaining mixture on top of icecream and freeze for at least 3 hours or over night. Slice and serve with warm caramel sauce.

*Like most things, I usually half this recipe and use a 9x9 in. pan.
*It works best to buy the icecream in the box and just open the box and slice the icecream

2 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

I haven't even tried these and they sound delicious. My mouth is watering. My kids and husband will definitely thank you for an ice cream recipe!

Stina said...

I'm very very excited to try this. Thanks for posting!