Thursday, January 24, 2008

Sweet Potato Fries

I tried these for the first time the other night when I made the bbq pulled pork and they were really good. I got the recipe off Allrecipes.com and adapted it. Now you can have sweet potatoes all year long and not just on Thanksgiving!!


Sweet Potato Fries

3 large yams
olive oil (or any kind)
Seasoned salt
garlic salt
chili powder

Peel the yams and slice into fry shapped strips. The thinner they are faster they will cook. Add enough oil to coat every piece completely. Sprinkle seasonings to your liking. The chili powder makes them spicy so beware. I used mostly seasoned salt and a little garlic salt and just a pinch of chili powder. Spray a cookie sheet with PAM and bake the fries at 400 for about 30 min.
We dipped them in ketchip but they are also good without.

4 comments:

Stina said...

I'll vouch for these. They are very yummy! I'll definitely make them myself!

Kelli said...

My mom made these at Christmas time and the whole family loves them. They are so good for you too, I would love to make these. My mom used Italian seasoning on them, sounds weird but it was actually quite good. Thanks for reminding me of sweet potatoes!

Denise said...

Sounds good and different! Thanks

Stina said...

I made these again last night. We had a BBQ before the big winter storm came in. (So sad, our weather was sooo nice!)

I love these. I love the sweet potato with the seasoning on them. So good!

Now, what's the difference between yams and sweet potatoes? I used sweet potatoes--would yams crisp up?