Sunday, June 17, 2007

Spinach Dip

Hello, yes I am still alive! I have had no computer for a few weeks so I am a little behind on all the fabulous recipes shared!!!

I thought I would share this one because it is a summer favorite of mine. The recipe is supposed to taste identical to the restaurant "Houston's ". I have never been to Houston's but the recipe is restaurant worthy!

One 12 -ounce box frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1/2 cup chopped canned artichoke hearts (not marinated)
1 tablespoon chopped white onion
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup sour cream
1 1/4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/3 cup grated Parmigiano- Reggiano cheese (do not sub any other cheese, it's not as good)
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt

Mix together the spinach, chopped artichoke hearts, and onion in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, then cut a small slit in the center of the wrap so that steam can escape. Microwave on high for 4 minutes. Keep spinach covered while you prepare the cream sauce.

Combine cream, sour cream, Jack cheese, grated Parmigano- Reggiano cheese, and garlic salt in a medium sauce pan over med/low heat. Heat this up slowly for about 10 minutes or until the sauce reaches a simmer and thickens. Do not let the mixture boil.

Add the spinach mixture to the sauce and continue to heat on med/low. Cook for about 10 more minutes or until the mixture reaches a thick dip like consistency. Pour into a bowl and serve with tortilla chips, crackers or bread for dipping! also like to sprinkle cheese on top and bake until the cheeses are melted! YUM!

4 comments:

Stina said...

I think I could live off of bread and dip. Yum!

Kristi was saying someday we need to get all of us "FFR" Girls together and get to know each other. Can you just see us making all this yummy food, staying up late, without kids, and eating and eating and eating? Is that what heaven is like?

Kristi Adams said...

Every year for Christmas my uncle makes this wonderful spinach dip and he won't ever give me the recipe so thanks!! Now I can make my own spinach dip whenever I want!!
and Christina...If heaven isn't staying up late and eating yummy food with your girl friends...Count Me Out!!!!

Destiny Rayburn said...

guess what girls, I LIVE IN HEAVEN EVERYDAY! hehe, no kids, i stay up late, and i do eat yummy food way too often. the part that comes from hell is the tiredness and the weight gain!!! =) we'll have to find a way to rid ourselves of that evil.

Denise said...

I am always up for a late night yummy fest. We can have heaven that night and deal wih hell the next day (after I gain 5 pounds in one day!) I would love to get to know all the FFR girls. I think we should plan that.