Friday, June 8, 2007

Lettuce Wraps


I got this recipe from Brent's cousin on the Pearson side. I really like it, although I think there are probably better recipes out there. It's yummy and has a nice crunch. I'm not used to cooking with so many fresh herbs, so I improvise with dried ones I have. Maybe it would taste better if I did what the recipe says. I've subbed canned green chiles for the chili peppers before.

Lettuce Wraps
(Sandy Liggett)

¼ in fresh ginger root
2 hot green chili peppers
2 garlic cloves
2 tsp sugar
Salt & Pepper
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
½ cup soy sauce
4 scallions
1 small bunch cilantro
1 large can water chestnuts
1 ½ - 2 lbs ground turkey or cubed chicken
1 head lettuce

Mix together (except lettuce and chicken). Pour over chicken. Let stand in fridge for 20 minutes. Cook thoroughly in pan. Serve wrapped in lettuce leaves.

3 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

Are these like the ones at PF Changs? I am totally trying these!

Celeste Pearson said...

Ginger root is really cheap (you can buy it in really small sizes) and you grate it with the microplane. These sound so good and I love recipes that call for things I already have in my cupboards! Do these taste like PF Changs?

Stina said...

I can't remember what PF Changs taste like. It's been so long. I remember I really liked them when Sandy made them and I don't know if I'm just not doing it right. I have a ground beef recipe too, but the chicken just sounds so good to me. Make it and tell me how to improve it.