Friday, June 15, 2007

Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies

Make way for more desserts! These cookies are so yummy. I mean, hello, they have the words chocolate, gooey, butter and cookie in them! They are really moist and soft, even after a couple days, and Adam (my cute little anti-chocolate husband) liked them! Big shout out to my girl, Paula Deen, for this recipe- it should be an obvious recipe of hers since it has butter in the title!

1 (8 oz) brick cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 stick butter (real butter!), softened to room temperature
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 (18 oz) box moist chocolate cake mix (make sure it says "moist" in the title)
Confectioners sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in the egg. Then beat in the vanilla extract. Beat in the cake mix. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to firm up so that you can roll the batter into balls. Roll the chilled batter into tablespoon sized balls and then roll them in confectioner's sugar. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake 12 minutes. The cookies will remain soft and "gooey." Cool completely and sprinkle with more confectioners' sugar.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

I think all four words to the title of this recipe are against my diet. Way to ruin everything Carissa...now I have to make them!

Kristi Adams said...

WOW!! These I have to try!! I've been having problems lately with my cookies not turning out but I will have to give it one more try. If these don't come out right I am never making cookies again!!!

Stina said...

Don't worry, Kristi! I'll take care of you! I'll keep your cookie supplies stocked. Let's make these and eat a few dozen, as usual....

Denise said...

Wow, theese sound terrific! I love Paula Deen's recipes. I think that also means I love butter too! Cant wait to try theese.