Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Chicken Nuggets (or Strips)

Well this isn't NEARLY as fancy as Stina's chicken dish, but it's something I make often:

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thawed
1 egg, slightly beaten with 1 Tbsp water
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
Olive oil

Preheat oven to 500 (yes, 500!) degrees.

Cut chicken into pieces or strips. Dip each piece in the egg mixture and then into the bread crumbs, coating each piece entirely. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle oil over each piece. Place in oven for 10 minutes. Chicken comes out hot and a little crispy thanks to the temperature and the oil combined.

5 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

I love making these strips because they are way fast to make, and the chicken is moist because you don't cook them long enough to dry them out. Yummy!

Stina said...

I'm glad you posted this! I actually made myself a chicken nugget salad today. My ghetto version of a crispy chicken salad from McD's or Wendy's. I must be a mom.

Kelli said...

Be careful of the temperature when you open your oven. I opened it once and had my face near the oven and the heat that came out melted my mascara, leaving it in two clumps on my lashes! I looked like a cartoon character!

Celeste Pearson said...

Kelli - you should have taken a picture! I am totally making these and putting them in a salad wrap! Who needs McD's anyway (except I do appreciate their playland).

Carissa Poyfair said...

Really? I appreciate McDonald's for their $1 double cheeseburgers! Maybe that's because Cleveland doesn't have play lands in their Mickey D's.