Saturday, October 20, 2007

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

I love roasted pumpkin seeds and made these last year. They are so good! I never boiled the seeds in years past, and it definitely helps. Happy Halloween!!!

3 cups fresh pumpkin seeds
4 cups water
2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp olive oil
¼ tsp paprika
1 tsp salt (I like to use seasoned salt)

Heat oven to 350. Place seeds, water and 2 tsp alt in a large saucepan and bring to boil for 15 minutes. Drain seeds, blot dry, toss with olive oil, paprika, and 1 tsp salt. Spread the seeds in a single layer on a nonstick baking pan; roast until lightly golden and crisp—30 minutes.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Thanks for this recipe. Most recipes I've seen call for chili powder and that's it, but I knew there was a better recipe out there. Thanks for coming through for me! Now we just need to go get a pumpkin!

Carissa Poyfair said...

We just got a pumpkin on Saturday that we're carving, and I am so excited to use this recipe for the seeds. So you skipped the boiling part? What would be the difference if I boiled them or not?

Stina said...

We've roasted pumpkin seeds since I was a kid. And we never boiled them, but I think they are better when you do. They bake crispier. When you don't boil them, they take longer to bake and I don't think they're near as good. So be sure to boil them!!!