Monday, October 8, 2007

Big Soft Sugar Cookies

YUM!! This is my sister-in-law's recipe and, I must say, they are so delicious! They are more of a dessert than a cookie because they are so big and soft! Soooo....here you go!

1 2/3 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter
cream together and add:
1 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs
1 c. milk
1 tsp. almond extract
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
3 Tbls. (yes, Tbls.) baking powder
6 c. flour

Mix well. Don't roll out too thin, about 3/4 in. Bake at 350 for about 9 min. They should almost be undercooked when you take them out.

Cream Cheese Frosting

6 oz. cream cheese
1/2 c. butter
cream together and add:
1 tsp. vanilla
16 oz. powdered sugar

Spread on cookies after they are cooled and share with your neighbors!!

5 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

I've always wanted a good sugar cookie recipe. Mine always turn out like flour tasting instead of sugar and butter. Thanks!

Denise said...

Yum, I love that you do not have to refrigerate these overnight. I never plan that far ahead! I was assigned to bring cookies to a party and I think I will try these, thanks!

Stina said...

I'll vouch for these. Austin came home with a plate from preschool and did anyone else get to eat them? Nope! They are so soft and yummy! Thanks, Kristi!

Denise said...

Wow, I made these today and they are SOOO GOOD!!! I did not even have to frost them because they are sweet enough by themselves! Thank you for sharing, these are one of my favorite cookies now!

Celeste Pearson said...

So we made these for FHE last week and they are my new go-to sugar cookie! I didn't have any almond extract, so I just put another tsp of vanilla in. And I'll cook mine a minute or two longer than suggested. The middles of mine were still a little doughy, maybe it's the elevation change? Or humidity? Or my oven? Or (gasp) me??