Sunday, October 7, 2007

Pasta Milano

Okay, I just got this recipe and it is amazing!!! I made it for a family in the ward and they thought I brought them restaurant food for dinner..no joke! It made enough for 2 families of four, so invite someone over for dinner and enjoy!

4 chicken breasts
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper

Wash and dry chicken breasts; mix garlic powder, salt, and pepper and sprinkle on chicken.

Grill chicken on stove top in a skillet or outside on the grill until it is done all the way through; set aside.

16 oz. bow tie pasta
4 Tbs. butter (I only used 2 Tbs.)
1 1\2 cups sun-dried tomatoes (buy the can with them already sliced)
1 lb. mushrooms, sliced large

Place pasta in salted boiling water and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente. Drain.

Meanwhile saute the mushrooms and tomatoes in butter until soft.

2 quarts heavy cream (I used 1\2 Half & Half. I thought the amount was a typo, but it's not!)
1 head garlic, roasted (I roasted a few hours before starting dinner and let cool)
1\2 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. salt
1 cup Parmesan cheese

Place heavy cream, roasted garlic, pepper, salt, and Parmesan cheese in food processor and puree. I did not think my food processor could hold two quarts of liquid so I put a little liquid and the garlic in to puree, I then added all ingredients in a large saucepan. I used shredded Parmesan cheese, if you are using a block I would break up and place in the food processor with garlic and sauce. Roasted garlic will easily come out if you turn the head upside down and squeeze the garlic out. Place cream mixture in a saucepan and bring to a boil; turn down heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until sauce has thickened. It took about 25 minutes for my sauce to thicken. Mix in mushrooms and tomatoes and add to the cooked pasta. Slice the grilled chicken and place on top of the pasta. Garnish with fresh parsley and grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!!!

6 comments:

Kristi Adams said...

WOW!! I am impressed! This is quite gourmet! It sounds like something from Olive Garden But sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms and lots of cream? I definitely can't pass this one up! Good recipe!

Carissa Poyfair said...

Is this like the Pasta Milano at Macaroni Grill? Adam loved that dish. I will definitely be making this. THANKS!

Carissa Poyfair said...

By the way, how do you roast garlic?

Denise said...

I do think this is a restauarnt recipe but I am not sure which one! Olive garden has something like it with blackened chicken on top. It tastes like restaurant quality and is definitely restaurant portions!

I will post a recipe on how to roast garlic.

Stina said...

You are so dangerous!!

Kristi Adams said...

I made this the other day for dinner and it was seriously yummy. I LOVE the sundried tomatoes and have been putting them in everything lately! I was so excited to eat the leftovers the next day!!