Monday, October 8, 2007

Roasted Garlic


Preheat the oven to 400°F


Peel away the outer layers of the garlic bulb skin, leaving the skins of the individual cloves intact. Using a knife, cut off 1/4 to a 1/2 inch of the top of cloves, exposing the individual cloves of garlic.


Place the garlic head in a piece of aluminum foil slightly larger than you garlic bulb. Drizzle about 2 teaspoons Olive oil over the garlic and massage into the garlic with your fingers.


Bring the aluminium foil around the garlic bulb and twist the top enclosing the whole garlic bulb. I have heard of people placing the garlic in a pan instead of the aluminum foil but it smells your house up like garlic. Using aluminum foil makes your house smell like garlic but not too much! You can also salt and pepper you garlic after drizzling the olive oil on but I don't like to.


Cook at 400 for 35-40 minutes. Let cool before handling the garlic. You can even roast the garlic the night before and just place it on the counter until you are ready to use it.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Thanks for the recipe on roasted garlic. I've seen a lot of recipes call for it. I've known people who roast garlic and then use the garlic for a spread. I'm excited to try it!

Carissa Poyfair said...

Thanks for the help. I still can't believe you use a whole head of garlic for the Pasta Milano recipe. I am way excited to try this. Wish me luck!