Friday, October 5, 2007

Peanut Butter Pie

So I have been married to Bryan long enough to know that he will love anything that includes peanut butter and chocolate. And I also know that any Pearson who calls themself a Pearson loves the same combo. Heck! Any American who calls themself American should love this yum-o treat (and you can make it low-fat!). And, if it couldn't get any better, the recipe makes TWO pies, so you can bring one to your potluck or whatever and keep one for yourself and no one would be the wiser!!!

1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup reduced fat creamy peanut butter (you can use regular fat creamy, but don't use chunky!)
1 (8 oz) block reduced fat or regular cream cheese, softened
1 (14 oz) can fat-free or regular sweetened condensed milk
12 oz. frozen whipped topping, thawed (fat free, reduced fat, or regular)
2 premade Oreo pie crusts (see - this is so easy! The pie crust is PREMADE!)
Chocolate syrup or fudge - you all know which one I prefer

Combine powdered sugar, peanut butter, and cream cheese in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until creamy and smooth. Add milk; beat until combined. Fold in whipped topping. Divide mixture evenly between two pie crusts; chill 8 hours or until set. You can refrigerate it or freeze it - we by far prefered it frozen. Drizzle with syrup or fudge topping - and maybe some crushed up Reese's PB Cups!!!

6 comments:

Stina said...

Well. I thought nothing could top Carissa's meat covered in meat. I wonder what will happen if I make a meal combo out of the lil smokies and this pie. Thank you for sharing the love.

Kelli said...

Is this the pb pie that allowed you to find out your baby's gender? It sounds great, esp with the Reese's smashed up on top. And it's healthy right? PB is a protein!

Carissa Poyfair said...

Kelli, you can justify it however you want! I love peanut butter so I can't wait to make this one.

Denise said...

Yum, I love that the crust pre-done. The easier the better. Sounds so good frozen with the Reese's crushed on top!!

Celeste Pearson said...

No, the pie that Nancy made was a chocolate cheesecake with PB cups on top. This one is really good though and WAY easier than cheesecake. And you are welcome Stina - I love to see Bryan's face when I remind him there is PB pie in the freezer.

Stina said...

I made this for Thanksgiving and now my uncle wants it to be a family tradition. I chopped up peanut butter cups and folded them in at the end and put some on top. Delicious!