Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Gooey Coconut Chex Mix

My sister-in-law (I get alot of recipes from my sisters-in-law!) made this at our last reunion and I couldn't get enough of it!! I was really sad when it was gone and it didn't last very long! It is so so so good and works great for parties!! She didn't use honey grahams, just 12 cups of Chex but, either way, it is delicious!!

Gooey Coconut Chex Mix

1 cup butter
1 cup karo syrup
1 cup sugar
6 cup rice chex
6 cup honey grahams
1 cup slivered almonds
1 cup coconut

PREPARATION:

Stir butter, light karo syrup, and sugar in a pan and bring to a boil for 3-4 minutes.Pour over the top of all the mix. Mix well.Spread mix on wax paper and let sit for 1 hour or longer.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Yum-O This sounds so perfect for all the get togethers that come up around the holidays. Even super bowl! Thanks for a quick munchie recipe.

Stina said...

A neighbor brought this to be for a dessert after I had Kade. And, since it had coconut, Brent wouldn't touch it. I couldn't stop eating it and felt so fat--especially after having a baby. I would have eaten the whole bag if people had stopped bringing me food! So, I'm so glad you posted the recipe Kristi. Definitely a family favorite!!!

Stina said...

So, I found a variation to this recipe. I got some from my neighbor from Christmas a few years ago and realized it was basically the same recipe. Omit honey grahams, slivered almonds, and coconut, and just use chex and M&Ms. I love it!