Thursday, May 3, 2007

Banana Split Cheesecake Squares

Ok, so I know most of my posts are desserts, but what can I say? I like sugar! Anyway, this is from the Kraft website and I was browsing through it one day and came across it. It got 5 out of 5 stars so I decided to try it. It is so good so you have to make it! Instead of putting the fruit on top of the entire cheesecake, I would cut a square then top each individual square with the fruit- presentation is everything! And I actually omitted the pineapple. I would also toss the strawberries with a little sugar.

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (there is a box of these in the baking aisle)
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
3 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 eggs
1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 banana)
1 cup halved strawberries
1 banana, sliced, tossed with 1 tsp lemon juice
1 (8 oz) can pineapple chunks, drained

Preheat oven to 350. Mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter and press firmly into the bottom of a 9x13 pan.

Mix cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Stir in mashed banana by hand. Pour over crust.

Bake 30 minutes or until center is almost set (I did mine for 30 minutes and it was a little over done, the edges were a little brown, so check after 20 minutes and every couple minutes after that). Cool. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight. Serve topped with strawberries, banana slices, and pineapple. Keep leftover cheesecake in the refrigerator.

2 comments:

Celeste Pearson said...

I have never met a cheesecake I don't like so I am totally making this! Thanks for filling up my dessert section of my cookbook!!

Stina said...

I'm glad you mentioned and advised on presentation. This is a skill I lack. I serve out of my pots and pans (which were purchased at the Catholic Thrift Store)...