Thursday, May 31, 2007

Chicken Cashew Pasta Salad

We made this chicken salad with Super Saturday back when I was in charge of it. It's a pasta salad, but was delicious on croissants too. Now trust me on this. You may look at it and think it's nothing special, but it is very yummy. I'm not the biggest fruit salad fan, but it's good. I made it once for our lunch bunch (remember Kristi?). Let me know how much you love it!


Chicken Cashew Pasta Salad
(Jackie Robertson, Cami Moos)

2 pkg curly macaroni
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked & cubed
2 cans pineapple tidbits
1 can water chestnuts
2 cups red or green grapes
1 can cashews (soup can size, put in last)
1 cup celery, chopped
½ green onion, chopped
4 Granny Smith apples, chopped & soaked in pineapple juice
1 lg bottle Kraft Coleslaw Dressing

Cook pasta & add remaining ingredients. Put cashews in right before serving. Use dressing to taste. If salad needs more moisture, some pineapple juice or mayonnaise may be added.

6 comments:

Kristi Adams said...

this is really really good. the cashews make it especially yummy!

Carissa Poyfair said...

So here I am with my dumb questions again, but when it says half a green onion, is that just one stem of the onion or half of the bunch?

Stina said...

Just one stem of the onion, but put as much in as you like. It's your salad!!

Carissa Poyfair said...

It is my salad! Thanks! I love green onion so I would probably add a little more.

Celeste Pearson said...

Hey, do you like the Kraft Coleslaw dressing? I always want to make coleslaw, but I don't know what dressing is good. And how did your cheesecake turn out?

Stina said...

I love the coleslaw dressing in this salad, although I've never had it with coleslaw. And let me tell you--that cheesecake was amazing. See my comment on the cheesecake I'm about to post!!!