Monday, May 7, 2007

Fried Ice Cream

This recipe is really easy and sooo delicious, you just have to plan ahead. Don't be scared off, though. It's worth the effort!

8- 1/2 cup. scoops of vanilla ice cream
5 egg whites
3 c. crushed corn flakes cereal
1 tsp. cinnamon
oil for frying

Scoop the ice cream onto a cookie sheet. Turn you freezer to the coldest setting and freeze several hours or over night. Beat egg whites until foamy. Combine crushed corn flakes and cinnamon. Roll ice cream balls in egg whites and then in corn flakes. Refreeze 1 hour. Repeat, rolling again in egg whites and corn flakes. Return to freezer for at least 3 hours. Heat oil to 375 and fry each ice cream ball for 10-15 seconds.
Drain on a paper towl and serve immediately with fudge sauce and caramel sauce.

4 comments:

Stina said...

I can vouch for this recipe. We had it at our Cinco de Mayo party (I remember I didn't know people cared about CdM until I roomed with Carissa & Kelli.) Very yummy, and I love it when it gets a little melty (which does not happen when you fry it oddly enough). So, it's all crispy outside and soft inside. Thanks Kristi!

Celeste Pearson said...

I had this at a Mexican restaurant before and it is so good. And who doesn't love fried food???

Denise said...

YUM! I am on a diet and this is just cruel. After family pictures I am going to have a dessert party and have this plus all the other yummy desserts listed.

Carissa Poyfair said...

See? You really can deep fry anything! I've never had this, but I will definitely take the time to try it. And I don't even like ice cream!