Friday, May 25, 2007

BBQ Chicken

Enough desserts, on to main courses! I found this recipe in a magazine a long time ago and have made some minor changes. It's really easy to make, I guess it could be a 30-minute-meal if you didn't have to cook it for so long! I mix the sauce in a large Pyrex measuring cup so that I don't have to transfer honey and stuff from a measuring cup to a bowl, it makes it really easy.

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thawed completely (if frozen)
3/4 cup barbeque sauce (any kind, I use original flavor)
3/4 cup honey
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup loosely packed brown sugar

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Place chicken in a 9x13 pan. Mix bbq sauce, honey, ketchup, and brown sugar. Pour sauce over chicken. Cover pan with foil. Bake for 55 minutes.

4 comments:

Celeste Pearson said...

Thanks for posting this recipe so that I don't have to keep calling you for it. I love this chicken and it's so easy because you just stick it in the oven! Anyway, thanks for not posting another dessert. Who would post a fattening dessert on this blog anyway??? :)

Carissa Poyfair said...

I love this recipe and it is so easy. Just stir it all together, pour over chicken and bake! This is my all time favorite BBQ sauce so enjoy!

Stina said...

I love bbq chicken. This would work in a slow cooker too!!

Kristi Adams said...

Thanks for the recipe! I made this Sunday and it was sooo good!