Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Garlic Mashed Potatoes

I am famous for this recipe and usually don't want to share my secret. It gives away how easy the recipe is!! It is so good and easy to make. I would half the recipe unless you have guests over, or you will have a lot of leftovers.


4 large russet potatoes
6 cloves garlic
6 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup heavy cream (you can use milk its just not as fluffly and creamy)
3/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

Peel potatoes and cut evenly into chunks. Boil potatoes and whole garlic cloves in a pot of water. (This is my secret to infuse the potatoes with garlic and it makes it easier!) Boil the potatoes about 20 minutes or until tender. Drain the potatoes and garlic making sure not to loose any garlic gloves.

Pour potatoes and garlic back into hot pot and mash. Add the butter, cream, salt and pepper and reheat over med/low heat until hot.

Serves 6

2 comments:

Kristi Adams said...

I have been looking for a good potato recipe so I will definitely try this! I love garlic!

Stina said...

Whenever I see a garlic recipe I always want to send it to Celeste. I'm sure this will be a huge hit among the Seattle Pearson's! And I can't wait to try it either.