Monday, May 21, 2007

Apple Spice Coffee Cake

I was in charge of taking a dessert to my in-laws' family get together last night and all I had was a spice cake mix. I started adding things to it and came up with this recipe! My in-laws loved it and that's not an easy task to accomplish!

1 spice cake mix
2 eggs
1 c. water
2 Tbls. oil
1 can apple pie filling (chop apples in can)

Mix all ingredients and pour into greased 9x13 pan.

Streusel Topping

1 c. Bisquick mix
1 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/3 c. butter

Mix together with a fork until blended. Sprinkle on top of cake mixture and bake at 350 for 35 min. or until tooth pick comes out clean.

Vanilla Glaze

2 c. powdered sugar
1 Tbls. milk (more if necessary)
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Whisk together and drizzle over cake after it is done baking.

2 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

How weird, I was just looking for a cofee cake recipe! I can't believe you came up with this on your own. I am so excited to try this!

Stina said...

Kristi, how do you create your own recipe? A little of this, a little of that. You are definitely creative! Can't wait to try it!!