Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sausage and Wild Rice

Hello ladies. Another winner without a picture. You'll just have to trust me. I haven't planned this weeks menu, so I was thrilled to find this recipe in my old ward's cookbook. I had all the ingredients, added a side salad and cooked corn (two veggie sides? I am amazing!). And we had a meal that we all loved. I love when it's quick and easy and doesn't called for canned soup!

Sausage and Wild Rice

1 lb sausage
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup rice
2 cups chicken broth

Brown sausage. Add onion and rice and brown again (rebrown?). Add chicken broth. Cook until ready.

See. So easy! Life is great when cooking is easy. Did I mention this was easy?

2 comments:

Kristi Adams said...

I think my grandma used to make something like this but it had celery in it. We loved it! Thanks for the recipe. I just put it on my menu and am off to the grocery store!

Kristi Adams said...

Ok I made this tonight and it was SOOO STINKIN GOOD! I accidentally bought spicy sausage so it was just a little hot but soooo yummy. Our family loves rice anything so this will definitely be a keeper!