Sunday, February 12, 2012

Berry Bread Pudding

We had the best Stake Women's Conference. The classes were so good, and the food was amazing. I don't have a picture, but will post one when I make this myself (unless you beat me to it).  They passed out the recipes today and I have to share! So Good!

Berry Bread Pudding

Yield: 2 9x13 pans (obviousy halve it for one)

1 1/2 loves white bread
6 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups half & half
1 bag Costco (or Sam's size) mixed berries

topping
1 small pkg vanilla pudding
1 cup heavy cream

Cut bread into quarters and set aside. Mix eggs, sugar, cream, half & half. Dip bread individually before placing in two 9x13 pans.

Bottom layer:
Overlap quartered bread in 3 rows. The 1st row and 3rd rows--place top of triangle up, the 2nd, place the triangle down.

Middle Layer:
Mix 1 bag Costco mixed berries with 1 cup sugar, use half a bag per pan.

Top Layer:
Place the bread triangles in the same pattern used on the bottom layer. Spoon the rest of the berry mixture on top.

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

Can be forzen after cooked and cooled; just wrap well. To reheat from frozen, bake at 200 until warm.

Topping: 1 small pkg vanilla pudding. Make as directed, then add 1 cup heavy cream to thin.

THE TOPPING IS SO SO SO GOOD ON THIS!!

2 comments:

Kristi Adams said...

Christina knows my weakness for bread pudding... I cant wait for a chance to make this bad boy..or maybe I will make it anyway and eat it all by myself and gain 25 lbs. and not even care!

Stina said...

Or this could be our main dish at a lunch bunch. Let's plan one!