Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Super Soft Snickerdoodles


I shared my snickerdoodles at IKEA today and Christina asked for the recipe. And since I now have a laptop, I respond MUCH faster to things like that! This recipe is from the Lionhouse Desserts cook book and they are so soft and good. Yesterday, all I had for breakfast was this cookie dough! If you haven't bought a cook book in a while or you have a birthday coming up, I highly recommend this one. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING in this book is delicious! The Lionhouse has got it figured out!

Snickerdoodles


1/2 c. sugar
1 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. butter
2 1/2 c. sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 Tbls. water
5 1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. cream of tarter
1 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Preheat over to 350. Mix 1/2 c. sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside. in a large mixing bowl, combine butter and 2 1/2 c. sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla, and water and beat until fluffy. Add flour, cream of tarter, soda and salt and mix until well combined. Drop cookies by round tablespoonfuls into cinnamon/sugar mixture and roll until completely coated. Place on cookie sheet sprayed with PAM and bake for 9-10 min.
Makes 5 dozen

3 comments:

Stina said...

I am silently thanking DJ for thinking of buying you a laptop!! When I said I wanted the recipe, I didn't expect such a quick response. YEAH!!

These were super good. Kristi gave me one and Tyce wanted it. I was nearly heartbroken to have to share with my baby. But, that's how much I love him. Luckily, I got one and I seriously could have eaten a dozen or two!!! This is a keeper!

Carissa Poyfair said...

My kids love snickerdoodles. They call them cinnamon cookies and ask for them all the time so I'll have to try these out!

Celeste Pearson said...

I made these a couple days ago and they are amazing! They were so soft and yummy! Thanks for sharing! I'm totally making these again!