Wednesday, February 22, 2012

BBQ Chicken Sandwiches


I posted this already but for some reason it didn't show up...
Anyway, I made these to take to Lexi's soccer game the other night for dinner and they were so good. Everyone was drooling over them so we had to share! I love the shredded carrots in them!
I got this recipe idea from familyfun.com and changed it up a bit.

BBQ chicken sandwiches

3 chicken breasts
1/2 c. shredded carrots
1/3 c. bbq sauce
3 Tbls. ranch dressing
8 hamburger buns or large rolls
fresh spinach
avocado

Grill the chicken breasts on the bbq, brushing with bbq sauce while they cook. Shred with a fork and place in a large bowl. Add carrots, bbq sauce, and ranch dressing and mix to combine.
Spoon into rolls and top with spinach and avocado, if desired.

5 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

YAY A NEW POST!!! These look sooo yummy. I love how easy they are. Totally making these asap!

Stina said...

I saw the name of the recipe and got so excited! Anytime you say bbq chicken you can get my heart pounding! Will definitely make these for t-ball night! Thanks!

Kristi Adams said...

May I suggest buying the hamburger buns from the bakery in your grocery store. Good buns make all the difference!

Carissa Poyfair said...

We made these on Saturday and they were really good! I didn't have avocado but I had everything else and the hubby gave these 2 thumbs up.

Denise said...

I love all of the "on the go meals" soccer season gets so crazy! Thanks for sharing.