Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Cake pops



Has anyone heard of these? They are so stinkin' cute and absolutely delicious! The ones in this picture are pretty tricky but they don't have to be that fancy. My sister made them last night for our Halloween party and just sprinkled them with Halloween sprinkles. This picture is from Bakerella.com. She makes the most amazing cake pops and they are so easy! She also has a book out now entirely about cake pops. I'm thinking neighbor gifts for Christmas and take home gifts for birthday parties! The possibilities are endless!

Recipe:
1 cake mix any flavor
1 can cream cheese frosting
almond bark or other dipping chocolate
sucker sticks
sprinkles or other toppings

Make cake according to package directions. Cool cake completely and crumble in a bowl. Add cream cheese frosting and mix until well combined. Roll into golf ball size balls, add sucker sticks and freeze several hours until firm. Melt almond bark and dip. Immediately sprinkle with toppings as the chocolate will harden very quickly.

Alternate Recipe:

Oreo crumbs
8 oz cream cheese, softened

Mix oreo crumbs and cream cheese and follow instructions for cake balls.

6 comments:

Stina said...

Kristi, only you would say these are easy! And some other devoted FFR bloggers. Okay, I guess everyone but me! They are stinkin cute! I love them and will hopefully be the recipient of you making them (with ease). They sound yummy too!

Carissa Poyfair said...

Of course they are easy, Stina! You can totally make these super fast. My friend made me some once and they taste like a cake truffle. So yummy! Bakerella is amazing with these, though. Have you seen her cupcake pops?!

Celeste Pearson said...

I actually had these last weekend at a baby shower! I actually think they would be easy to make, just time consuming, but so worth it! Stina - if you can make homemade cheesecake you can SO make these! They are really yummy and look so cute!

BTW Carissa, Bakerella makes some amazing cakepops, but it is so obvious she has a lot of time on her hands!

Stina said...

When I first saw this post, I focused on the Sesame Street characters and I don't think I can make those. But, after eating Kristi's on Halloween I am confident I can make them. And I will. They are great for parties. Fun and yummy!

Denise said...

I have been hearing about these EVERYWHERE, it is nice to know what everyone is talking about! Yum they look great! I don't know if I dare make these yet. Maybe Christmas time when someone can watch the kids. The Oreo ones sound yummy!

Carissa Poyfair said...

Bakerella just published a CakePops book and I just got it at the library. It is really nice with pictures that show you how to make the pops and cake balls. Really cute! You guys should see the book.