Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Baking Powder Drop Biscuits

I love good bread. Especially with meals that might not seem filling, like salad or soup. These biscuits are really easy and absolutely delicious. They are a little on the sweet side, making them perfect with honey or jam. I just eat mine plain. They're just that good.

Baking Powder Drop Biscuits
courtesy Allrecipes.com
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup shortening (I used butter-flavored Crisco and highly recommend it)
2/3 cup milk
1 egg

In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a bowl, whisk milk and egg. Stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Drop by heaping spoonfuls 2 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet (I roll mine into about golf-ball sized balls, they make about 12 rolls). Bake at 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.

1 comment:

Carissa Poyfair said...

I tried one of these the other day and it was really good. It would have been so yummy with some jam! And I love that I have all the ingredients at home.