Monday, April 9, 2007

Easiest Minestrone Ever!

I know most of you- ok, all of you- are having warm weather, but I'm not so I'm posting a soup recipe. So I got this recipe from a girl in my ward. When she gave me the recipe I was way skeptical! But I decided to give it a shot and I was way impressed. It's one of those "throw in the pot" recipes, where you can pretty much add whatever you want. Adam really liked it and it's one of my new faves that I will make lots more, because of the taste and easiness!

Leftover roast, cubed or shredded- the amount is up to you
3 cans Campbells Minestrone soup
2 cans regular Pork and Beans, undrained
3 Campbells cans of water (more or less depending on if you like thicker soups and how many things you add to your soup)

Combine all of the above ingredients in a large pot and heat. You can add whatever you want to this, like leftover cut up potatoes and carrots and celery from your roast, frozen peas or corn, drained canned tomatoes, onions (softened first in a skillet), etc. Be creative and use what you like in soups. I added corn and peas to mine since that was all I really had, but I loved it. If it is too thick after you add things, just add more water. The three cans of water worked perfectly for me.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Hahaha...pork and beans. Reminds me of "Something About Mary." Sounds good, maybe in six months when we are cold!!! Ok ok, maybe sooner, Jage loves minestrone.

Carissa Poyfair said...

I was wondering where I had heard "pork and beans" before! Haha! That made me laugh! And yes, it is delicious, easy, and makes a lot!