Thursday, April 12, 2007

Brunch Casserole

My favorite meal is definitely breakfast, but I never have time to make a big yummy breakfast in the morning. This has turned out to be a favorite dinner in my house. We also do this breakfast every Christmas morning. Hope you enjoy! Thanks for having me on your blog!!!

1 pound bacon, ham, or sausage (optional)
1 TBS butter
1 onion, chopped
2 cups sliced mushrooms
4 cups frozen hash browns, thawed
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1 pinch dried parsley
1 cup grated cheese

Directions:
1. Grease 9x13 casserole dish with butter (I just use pam)
2. Cook bacon, ham or sausage until evenly brown
3. Melt butter and fry onions and mushrooms in skillet until tender.
4. Place hash browns in bottom of prepared dish. Sprinkle with salt, garlic slat, and pepper. Top with meat then onions and mushrooms.
5. In large bowl beat eggs with milk and parsley. Pour over casserole. Top with grated cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
6. Bake at 400 degrees F for 1 hour or until set. If preparing and baking the same day, cook for 45 minutes.

Tip: I add an extra egg to the dish. If you’re not adding the meat add a few extra eggs.

4 comments:

Stina said...

I'm so going to make this, Denise! I love breakfast casseroles too. Especially since it's not too much of one thing in each bite. I like the mixture.

Carissa Poyfair said...

I can honestly say I don't think I've ever actually had a breakfast casserole, but I love eggs, bacon, and breakfast. And I love that I can make this the night before! Welcome to the blog, Denise!

Celeste Pearson said...

Denise! This sounds so good! I LOVE breakfast, especially eggs, so I will let you know how this turns out (and eggs are one of the only things I can always get Rix to eat!)

Stina said...

A variation you can do with this: Squish refrigerated biscuits into muffin pans. Put filling in--sausage, mushrooms, etc--top with eggs and bake until biscuits are done.