Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Chocolate bavarian Cake

This cake is sooo good! I made it for a birthday party and had huge raves! It is pretty easy and the filling compliments the chocolate cake so well. The chocolate icing was time consuming and taste just like the storebought frosting. If you are in a hurry I would just buy the frosting! I just frosted the top layer and topped with fresh rassberries. You can also just sprinkle with powdered sugar and skip the frosting alltogether. Remember to refrigerate the cake because of the cream cheese in the filling. Enjoy!!!!

1 chocolate cake mix, adding all ingredients called for and;
1 c. flour
½ c sugar
1/3 c oil
1 egg
½ c milk

Mix together all above ingredients. Bake as directed on package. Cool. Cut cake(s) leghnth wise in half.

Filling:
1 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2/3 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 pint whipping cream

Blend the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla; fold in already whipped cream. Fill between layers of cake.

Frosting:
1 c. butter
1 1/3 c. cocoa
6 c. powdered sugar
2/3 c. milk
2 tsp vanilla

Melt butter, add cocoa and beat with mixer until combined. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk beating on medium speed until frosting reaches spreading consistency. Add vanilla and beat to combine. Add more powdered sugar or milk to get the desired consistency.

Frost the outside of cake and enjoy!

5 comments:

Stina said...

Oh my goodness. This is so dangerous. I may just make the cake and eat it all myself. If you find me passed out in the corner with chocolate all over my face and not even a crumb left...you'll know what happened. Can't wait, Denise! (And my birthday is coming up. Perfect timing!!)

Denise said...

I love it Stina, you are so funny! I would personally make this for your birthday, but I dont think it would travel well. Make Brent make this for you, it's really easy!!!! I know this is aweful, but when is your birthday?? I will get you a good present because I had to ask!!!!

Stina said...

Well, since you asked...May 12th!! And I will be 26 this year. Weird. Aren't we all still 18 at heart?

Stina said...

By the way, is this a 9x13 or round cake?

Denise said...

I did two 8" rounds. you can do either and it would still look good. The cake was really easy to cut in half round, but I would think it would be harder the larger it gets. If you do it 9x13 you will have to let us know.