Sunday, March 7, 2010

Easy Cake Cookies

I know we all have our favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe but this recipe caught my eye because of how versatile and easy it was! You make this cookie with a box of cake mix! Since I stock up on my boxed yellow cake mix when it is on sale (for lemon blossoms!) I used that and normal choc. chips. You can change this up and make any kind of cookie you could imagine. They are fluffy and have a great taste to them. Give them a try the next time you are in a pinch for time, you won't be disappointed.

Easy Cake Cookies


1 Box cake Mix (any flavor)
1/4 C. Flour
1/4 C. Water
1/2 C. Oil
1 Egg
1 C. Chocolate Chips (any flavor)

Mix together all ingredients adding choc. chips last. Drop spoonfuls on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-12 min. The cookies will be lightly browning on the ends. You can mix up this recipe and make chocolate cookies with butterscotch choc. chps or maybe mint! So many possibilities I cannot wait to make some more flavors!!!

4 comments:

Stina said...

There's something about cake mix cookies that are just so stinkin' awesome. They're so soft and moist and sweet. I never thought to try chocolate chip cookies with them. Thanks for the idea, Denise! And, speaking of cake mix cookies--I made the homemade Oreos again today. Heaven on earth!

Carissa Poyfair said...

I love a good, easy cookie recipe!

Kristi Adams said...

Cake mixes ARE amazing. These have to scrumptious! Sounds like a good Sunday afternoon recipe! Thanks!

Kelli said...

I made these last night with the boys, we used carrot cake mix and we topped them with cream cheese frosting. I might try to add maybe a tablespoon sugar next time, they were great but I forgot carrot cake isn't very sweet. My inlaws were raving, thanks for such an easy and awesome recipe!!!