Saturday, March 27, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Candy

This recipe seemed kind of weird at first but I decided to give it a try and HOLY COW! They were so so so good and I think Christina and Brent will vouch for these! Everything about them is delicious but my favorite part is the caramel filling. It just oozes all over. I seriously could have eaten the whole pan if I didn't know how many calories were in these! I hate it when they put the nutritional facts on the recipe!! btw, this recipe came from my Taste of Home magazine.






Ingredients
1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter, cubed
1/3 cup 2% milk
2 sleeves butter-flavored crackers (about 80 crackers)
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter

Directions
In a saucepan, combine the cracker crumbs, sugars, butter and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 5 minutes longer.
Place a single layer of crackers in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish; top with half of crumb mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining crackers.
In a small saucepan, combine the butterscotch chips, chocolate chips and peanut butter. Cook and stir until smooth. Pour over crackers. Let stand until set. Yield: 15 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Keebler Town House crackers.

3 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

It sounds yummy! Is it like a salty and sweet thing with the crackers? I can't wait to try this!

Stina said...

These were really yummy. The crackers gave a nice crunch. The caramel was so gooey and the chocolate...well how can you go wrong with chocolate? I thought the chocolate would be all melty, but it was firm-ish. Loved them and can't wait for a good workout to get rid of the 5 I've eaten!

Denise said...

I swear I never got an email about this post! I have a recipe called "kit kat bars" that's really close to this maybe even the same. I have wanted to try it, now I really want to try it! Yum...the butter crackers would that be "club crackers" right?