Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cafe Rio Salad Dressings

I know we already have two recipes for Cafe Rio salads on our blog, but this is a different dressing that is AMAZING! I had it at a baby shower, and honestly, the dressing made the meal. You have to try this next time you make the salad! It's easy and just wonderful. I love the garlic flavor in it. Happy Cafe Rio-ing!

1 1/3 cup sour cream
3/4 cup mayo
1 bunch of cilantro
1 pkg Ranch dressing mix
4 Tbsp salsa verde (green salsa)
2 cloves garlic
1/8 tsp Tabasco sauce (I omitted this)
juice of one lime

Mix together in a blender--and that's it!

3 comments:

Celeste Pearson said...

Oh this sounds awesome! I would omit the hot sauce too, and I am so making this next time I do Cafe Rio pork (it's like a bi-monthly event in our house). It will be so much better than just using plain old boring ranch. Thanks for sharing!

Carissa Poyfair said...

It sounds more creamy than the other recipe. I haven't done cafe rio in a while but next time I do I'll try this recipe. Or just go to Celeste's house :)

Kristi Adams said...

This seems way easier than the other recipe with the tomatillos and everything but probably just as good! I am definitely in the mood for Cafe Rio!