Monday, November 9, 2009

Kissed Pretzels

This is an easy favorite for parties and get together's. They taste like chocolate covered pretzels without the mess and time it takes to make them. It is fun to make them festive for a holiday by using M&M's in a color theme. (Halloween= orange and brown, Christmas= red and green)

Kissed pretzels
Pretzels (square ones if you are going fancy!)
Hershey's kisses (try the hugs and carmel filled ones as well!)
M&M's

place pretzels on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper. Top the pretzels with Hershey's kisses. Place in a preheated oven of 350 for 3 minutes, no longer . If you are using the hugs or carmel filled only leave them in for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Immediately smash the M&M's on the tops of the kisses. Let cool completely and enjoy! I always stick my trays of treats in the freezer to speed up the cooling time.

9 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

These look super yummy and way easy! I love chocolate and pretzels together. Something about the sweet and salty really gets me.

Stina said...

I love quick & easy. These will be great to give as neighbor gifts! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I use Rolo's and a cashew on top!

Carissa Poyfair said...

Karen, I am totally trying that too! I LOVE cashews and so do my kids!

Kelli said...

Pretzels with anything chocolate is winner in my book. And last year I made chocolate covered pretzels and they took forever and were so messy. These are great because the kids can actually help me!

Denise said...

Karen, I have never tried them that way. I will have to give it a go, sounds great!

Celeste Pearson said...

I never thought of using M&Ms! It's so festive! I've always used a pretzel with a Rolo and a pecan. I don't usually love pecans but with this I can eat a whole batch myself. And I love that with the M&M's my kids can totally help! And P.S. Square pretzels are so fancy :)

Celeste Pearson said...

Okay, so I made these for Thanksgiving with rolos and M&MS, rolos and pecans, and then I still had a ton of pretzels left and pecans, but no rolos, and I remembered that you used Kisses, so I had a bag of those pumpkin spice Kisses, and used those with a pecan and drizzled with caramel. It was like eating a bite of pumpkin pie! So good! Thanks for the Kisses and M&M idea so I can branch out!

Stina said...

How fun that they are so versatile! I love all the different ideas. And, I didn't even know there were pumpkin spice kisses!! Love the drizzled caramel on top!