Monday, November 23, 2009

Edible Turkeys

I was looking for a thanksgiving-themed treat to take to the sisters I visit teach (because I didn't get around to actual visits this month!) and I found these on perpetualpreschool.com . So cute and fun! My kids helped me stick the "feathers" in and we even made enough to use as decorations for our Thanksgiving dinner table setting!


Double stuffed Oreos
Whoppers (Chocolate Malt balls)
Candy Corns
Frosting for "glue"


Stick candy corns point side down into the oreos to make "feathers". Use the frosting to stick one malt ball onto each oreo. Cut the tip off a candy corn and stick on the malt ball for the beak. Dab frosting on for eyes. DONE! Let them sit out for a couple hours so the frosting will harden.

3 comments:

Stina said...

Very cute! I wouldn't expect anything less from you!

Celeste Pearson said...

Awesome! I am totally having my kids make this on Thanksgiving for a little treat!

Celeste Pearson said...

Hey we made these yesterday and my kids had so much fun! Bryce, my three-year-old, wanted to make a ton! Thanks for sharing this!