Thursday, November 19, 2009

Butterfinger Fudge Cookies

These cookies are so good and so easy to make! And even though they aren't super healthy, they are really rich, so you really only eat one at a time (I ate like two, but whatever, who's counting??). I got this recipe from Picky Palate, and there are only a few things I'd change. She used dark cocoa powder (like Hershey's special dark) and I thought they were really rich, so you can totally use whatever cocoa you have. Also, I'd omit the chocolate chips (too rich and not needed) and add another Butterfinger bar, making the recipe use three bars instead of two. I'm posting the recipe as it was found on Picky Palate, so you can choose to do it her way or mine. Both are yummy!! It's just a preference thing :)
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cups flour
1 1/4 cup dark cocoa
2 tsps baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 full size Butterfinger bars, crushed
1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 and use cookie sheet with a silpat (or silicone) liner. (I have one, and you need it, or try parchment paper. The dough is sticky and will easily stick to a pan.)

In a large bowl cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Slowly add eggs and vanilla until well combined.

In another bowl add flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to wet ingredients and then stir in crushed Butterfingers and chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonful onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes. It should still be soft in the center (they will set as they cool). Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

3 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

I have three Butterfinger bars just waiting to be made into these cookies! I agree, they were really rich but yummy!

Stina said...

I love the pictures! Maybe we should start a photography site next! Or a fitness one! Tonight, Brent said (and I quote), "I love the recipe blog!" And, I must say, it is for reasons like this. Thanks for the recipe. Peanut butter and chocolate? How do you know us so well? And, I think I'll follow your tips. They sound right on!

Kelli said...

Man, I can feel my diet going out the window...and I don't even like Butterfingers! Jeremiah is going to make me bake these ones up, and with the pictures, how can I resist?!