Sunday, April 26, 2009

Coleslaw

I love a good coleslaw, but the only good one I can find is at KFC. So a while back I found this recipe on Picky Palate and tried it and LOVED IT. Seriously it is so good. I always make this when we BBQ or when I make pulled pork sandwiches. I love to put the coleslaw on top of the pulled pork sandwich. Yummy!

Simple Coleslaw
16 oz bag of coleslaw mix
½ Cup mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
1 teaspoon honey
*Note- I also add some salt and pepper to taste

Mix all the ingredients except the coleslaw mix. Add in the coleslaw and mix together well. I found that I liked my coleslaw more wet than her recipe calls for, so I also add a little more more mayo and mustard, then adjust the seasonings to my taste. This also tastes better if you let it chill in the refrigerator a few hours so the flavors can blend.

Happy grill season!

5 comments:

Celeste Pearson said...

Woohoo! I am GRATEFUL for this recipe! I don't have a coleslaw recipe, and last time we went tot KFC for coleslaw it was mushy :( I tried the Kraft coleslaw dressing and it is NASTY! Thanks for the recipe - I heart coleslaw!

Kelli said...

So I actually don't like coleslaw, but I tried this recipe with pulled pork bbq sandwiches a while back and thought it was pretty good. I wouldn't eat it plain, although my kids ate it up, but it was good on top of the sandwiches and Jeremiah loved that I found a good coleslaw recipe.

Carissa Poyfair said...

Just another note- I mean to say you DEFINITELY need to let this sit. The coleslaw mix looks really dry at first and doesn't taste very good. You need to let it sit a couple of hours in the refrigerator and it will totally go down in size and the dressing will soften the lettuce without making it mushy.

Stina said...

Kristi let me try hers today and it was really good. I haven't been the biggest coleslaw fan, but I may be coming around!

Denise said...

I am not big on coleslaw. Josh loves it so I will have to give this a go. I am with Celeste...I have tried the Kraft coleslaw dressing and everyone looked like they wanted to spit the food out of their mouths! Maybe this recipe will redeem me as a cook :)