Friday, April 3, 2009

Chicken Salad Sonoma

We had this chicken salad on croissants at our Relief Society birthday dinner. It was super yummy. I could have totally eaten two or three of them if I wasn't on a diet! The girl who made them finally posted the recipe on her own blog so I could steal it and put it on mine! Plus, who doesn't need more recipes that are good for warm summer days?

Chicken Salad Sonoma

Dressing:
1 cup mayonnaise
4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
5 teaspoons honey
2 teaspoons poppyseeds
sea salt, to taste
ground pepper, to taste

Salad:
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3/4 cup pecan pieces, toasted
2 cups red seedless grapes, halved
3 stalks celery, thinly sliced

Prepare the dressing by thoroughly mixing together all dressing ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate until ready to dress the salad. Can be prepared up to 2 days in advance.
Cook chicken. Cool in fridge for 2 hours. Dice them into bite-sized pieces and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in pecans, grapes, celery and dressing. Enjoy on croissants, bagel bread, or large pieces of lettuce, however you like to eat your chicken salad!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

This sounds fabulous! I can't wait to try it. Although I don't like celery, would it be good without it? Or does it really make the sandwich?

Carissa Poyfair said...

I don't think I even remembered it in there. I think it just gives it that crunch, but I'm sure it would be fine without it.

Stina said...

I love love love chicken salad. I like celery in it cause it gives it a crunch. If you still want the crunch, maybe water chestnuts? Carissa, how do you get so many people to cook for you? I must learn your secrets!

Kelli said...

So I made this for the missionaries a few weeks ago, and yes I added the celery, and I loved it! Even the missionaries had seconds and then thirds (so much for leftovers!). I loved the pecans in the salad, I've always used almonds but I'm totally switching to toasted pecans now. It would probably be really good with rotissiere chicken too.