Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Bird's Nests

This is another family tradition of ours. I've been making them for the past four years. And, I'm sure you do too. But, if anyone is missing out on this one--they're pretty fun. This is the recipe I like best. Happy Easter!

2 cups butterscotch chips
1 cup peanut butter
10 oz small chow mein noodles
4 cups marshmallows

Melt butterscotch chips and peanut butter in double boiler or microwave. I microwave for 1 minute, then 30 seconds until smooth. Stir in chow mein noodles and marshmallows until blended. Drop by heaping spoonfuls on wax paper. Press your thumbprint in the center. Chill until set. Put jelly beans or any other egg-shaped candy in the center!

4 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

I've never made these. They sound like fun to make and give to friends. Thanks!

Denise said...

I have never made these before. The kids would love it, thanks!

Celeste Pearson said...

Okay, so I made these last night with the boys and they are del-icious! However (and maybe I'm retarded) after I melted the chips and peanut butter (which is insanely good on its own) I mixed in the noodles and marshmallows, and the marshmallows didn't melt in (are they supposed to?). I put it all back in the microwave for about a minute and they melted, but I think I dried it out a bit - but they were still wonderful and fun to make. And I'm totally making this again, but switching the noodles for rice krispies or corn flakes. Awesome!

Stina said...

I'm glad you liked them! Initially, I thought the marshmallows were supposed to be melted too. Rice Krispies on the brain or something. But, they're actually not supposed to be melted. So, you get extra chewy goodness. Try them that way next time. I bet you'll love it too!