Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Banana icecream topping

Made this last night for FHE and it was a big hit! So easy and soooo yummy! This recipe is out of my Taste of Home magazine. Love it!
I halved this recipe for my family

6 Tbls. butter
1/3 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. orange juice
4 bananas sliced
2 tsp. vanilla
vanilla ice cream

Combine butter and sugar in a sauce pan over medium heat stirring contantly until butter is completely melted. Add orange juice and continue cooking and stirring for 2-3 minutes until mixture is slightly thick. Add bananas and stir to coat and heat through. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Mix well and serve over vanilla ice cream. Makes 8 servings

5 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

Yummy! I have all these ingredients. What a fun "bed snack" idea for my kids who ALWAYS want ice cream.

Stina said...

I love bananas lately. I can't seem to get enough. This will fit my cravings well!

Kristi Adams said...

I forgot to add that you can top with coconut if you want...I would highly recommend it!!

Denise said...

Yum, I will have to try this one out on the kiddos!

Kelli said...

Warm bananas are awesome. Now the weather just needs to warm up so I actually feel like pulling out the ice cream!